- Annual investments are made at the beginning of each year.
- Investment returns occur at the end of each year and are taxed at that time.
- All returns are taxed at the tax rate entered.
- Annual investments are made with after-tax dollars.
Return to Calculator
- If Increase Annual Investment With Inflation is checked, the Annual Investment indicated will be the first amount invested now and then will be increased with inflation each year thereafter.
- Chart balances shown are end-of-year balances.
- Simple Earnings is the amount earned (based on the Rate of Return you entered) on your investment principal (including annual investments). Compound Earnings is the amount earned (also based on your Rate of Return) on Simple Earnings, plus any previous Compound Earnings. Total Value is the sum of your investment principal, plus Simple Earnings and Compound Earnings. All earnings figures are presented after-tax.